Early on in the process of getting the massage parlor ordinance passed through the Pittsburgh city council, we decided we wanted to send 500 letters in support of it. (If you want to show your support and you’re not in Pittsburgh, you can sign this petition here). We met that goal, 6 days before city council next discusses it. Here is the CMU student who wrote the 500th letter:
We received letters from more than a dozen student organizations on three Pittsburgh-area college campuses. Below are the CMU organizations which gave us their time and penmanship:
- Atheists, Humanists, Agnostics (Aha!)
- Catholic Newman Club
- Heinz International Development Group
- International Justice Mission
- Life Matters
- New Life
- Pi Delta Psi
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Women being sex trafficked in brothels posing as massage parlors may work 10am – 2am, 7 days a week, seeing between 6 and 10 clients a day.
- There appear to be 15 brothels posing as massage parlors within the Pittsburgh city limits, with 7 more in the suburbs.
- The massage parlor bill will functionally regulate sex trafficking out of Pittsburgh’s massage parlors.