Our wedding is about 13 months away, and we’re well into basic planning. I have two dresses–one was my Mom’s when she married my Dad, and one is on loan from a friend and mom of a friend. We’re working on a guest list (who knew we had so many cousins?). We’re blessed with so much love!
Our current location plan is Mount Madonna, about an hour’s drive from the South Bay in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Here are 5 things we like about it:
- It has incredible sequoias.
- It has good hiking for our more active cousins (both the over 20 and under 10 crowds in our families may need exercise before being ready to sit through any length of service).
- It is near both of our homes.
- It has a full amphitheater of seating.
- It has beautiful views.
It certainly doesn’t hurt that it costs 10% of what Hidden Villa or Kennolyn would. In addition to hiking, Mt Madonna has a number of nearby activities for guests wanting to make a full weekend of it:
- Sunset State Beach (also all of Santa Cruz)
- Henry Miller Manor ruins
- A group of enclosed white farrow deer to visit
- An archery range
- Horseback riding
Anyhoo, a year more of planning to go!