Some architecture major friends got back from a long weekend in Dubai yesterday, with the following recommendations:
- Gold Souq (souqs in general)
- Burj Khalifa (for its incredible views of the city)
- Water Taxi on Dubai creek (1 dirham, best at night. Keep an eye out for ships full of goods waiting to be bought)
- Ski Dubai
- The Mall of the Emirates
- Old Dubai in general
To this I’m adding:
- Wadi Wadi Water Park
Since I’m leaving for Dubai in two days, I figured I should update what our itinerary for the Shopping Week will be. We’ve come up with a list of far more than we can do, so stay posted for what we actually went to.
- Desert Camp, free, 1-2 hours (morning is best), Al Warqa 4 Area.
- Carpet Oasis (show of carpets from around the region), free, weekdays: 10am to 10pm & friday: 4pm to 11:30pm, Dubai Airport Expo – West Hall.
- Gold Souq, free (to visit), 1-2 hours, Ascot Hotel area.
- Old Dubai, free, 2-3 hours, Old Dubai area.
- Ski Dubai, $25 for the snowpark, 3-4 hours (morning is best), Mall of the Emirates.
- Fireworks, free, 8:30pm, 1 hour, Al Seef Area of Dubai Creek.
- Heritage and Diving Village (potters and weavers, ancient armoury and Bedouin camps) free?, 5pm to 10pm, 1-2 hours, Shindagha, Dubai Creek.
- Burj Khalifa, $30 with reservation $90 without for ride up the tower, free to see the dancing fountains, sharks!, or garden, 2-3 hours.
- Water Taxi, $.30, go at night, 1 hour, Dubai Creek.
- Wild Wadi Water Park, $45 from 4-6pm,2-3 hours, Burj Al-Arab
- Fashion show, free?, 5-10pm every night we are there (8+ is international designers), 1-2 hours, Fashion Atrium in The Dubai Mall.
- Monster Truck show, $12, 4pm and 7pm, 2 hours, Plug-Ins Overflow Carpark, Dubai Festival Centre.
- The 9th Traditional Poetry Forum, free?, Thursday only, 7:30pm onwards, 1-3 hours, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition – Parking.
- Traditional Parade with Camels, free?,8pm to 9pm, 1 hour, The Walk at Jumeirah Beach Residence.
- “Salaam Dubai” – Sunidhi Chauhan Live in Concert, free?, Thursday only, 8:30pm–11:30pm, 3 hours, Madinat Arena – Souk Madinat.
Since I will be traveling to Dubai in under a week, I will probably be posting updates to this list. Keep posted!
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”–Eleanor Roosevelt
PS: I’m jealous of Mom’s women’s retreat in California.
Just FYI, Wild Wadi is about $50. It is not on my list, but you are welcome to go if you want. 😛
And I’m up for looking at Ski Dubai, but don’t think I’ll pay the $25 to get in… though I think I already told you that?
Otherwise… I’m super excited! We should meet this week to go over daily plans? And possibly have crepes too. I just bought bananas and Nutella. 😀
I think this list is more of a “places to consider” than “must go”. Budgeting is super important, for sure :-D.