Most of my writing on this incarnation of my blog is about San José politics. I believe making progressive public policy is an act of science fiction and takes intense creativity. But if you’re looking for my more traditionally creative writing, you can find a sampling here:
- Short Story: “To Free A Genie” Geek Out! (Publication pending, 2018)
- Poem: “Instructions to a Newly Dead Merwoman,” Hashtag Queer Anthology (Summer 2018)
- Nonfiction Essay: “Colusa County,” The Oakland Review (Spring 2018)
- Nonfiction Essay: “Biking in the Rain,” Dossier (2010).
- Poem: “Haiku” Dossier (2010).
- Nonfiction Essay: “High School Politics,” She’s Such a Geek: Women Write About Science, Technology, and Other Nerdy Stuff, ed Annalee Newitz (former editor-in-chief of Gizmodo and io9, current Cultural Editor for Ars Technica) and Hugo winner Charlie Jane Anders, (2006).
More on my tech conference presentation here.