It is snowing. I do not approve.
Snow and cold is about covering myself in 5 layers, and still feeling my skin shrink. It is an endurance test proctored by nasty light filtered through gritty clouds. As Garrison Keillor says, it reminds us that “You’re a mammal!”
California is better in the winter for weather wimps like me. Here’s what I’m looking forward to:
- My family and friends. Duh. They’re awesome.
- T-shirts. I don’t think I’ve worn a non-fitted shirt in months.
- Sandals. Yep, no non-dress-up sandals since I was in Qatar.
- Geeks. Alright, Pittsburgh has a rich, geeky community. But does it have a major office building with a digital semaphore tower visible from the freeway?
- Being in a “select city.” You do not understand the depths of my irritation when I realized that I couldn’t see “Fair Game” when it premeired because Pittsburgh is not one of the “select cities.”
But most importantly: family and friends.
“Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don’t need little changes. We need gigantic revolutionary changes. . . . Competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be getting six-figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge for its citizens, just like national defense.”–Sam Seaborn, the West Wing
Hooray! Jessica is coming home! We are eager to see our wonderful girl! Love – Mom
This is ridiculous and shows an obvious bias against the mid-Atlantic. Another move by the West coast media to spread their San Fransisco propaganda.
Lets examine the true holiday facts:
You know what Christmas story prominently featured warm weather? THE BIBLE. And what were some prominent aspects of that? Hmm… maybe the annihilation of every male baby around Bethlehem? Real cheery.
Long story short, if you love snow during the holiday season, you love Christmas, all things that have to do with the holiday season and America. If you don’t, you hate babies.
I JUST SAW THIS. THIS IS AMAZING.