This is a little note, explaining two new changes to feelingepehants. The first is email subscription as an option. In case you don’t like using Google Reader, you can get my posts in your inbox. Not much more to say about that.
More exciting is the new blog I’ve added to my blogroll. Every few weeks I look over the blogs I link to in the blogroll to make sure they are still updating and interesting. I add a new blog about every six months, and call the list just about as often. All of teh blog currently there are those of family, my closest friends, and the organization I worked with last summer. The newest is an oddity, because I have no formal connection to the Department of Homeland Security Digital Library. In doing research on the United States and the UN’s new Arms Trade Treaty, I found this candid, well-written, gem of a government blog. In the last two weeks, On the Home Front has had the following headlines:
- Corruption of U.S. Officials by Drug Cartels
- Hearing on Battling Extremism in the U.S.
- Nuclear Weapons in the Arctic
- Stopping the Destructive Spread of Small Arms
- Homegrown Extremism in the United States: Is it a Threat?
- Cybersecurity Still Lacking
- Foodborne Illness Costs Nation $152 Billion Annually
- Is America’s Health being Shortchanged?
- Fatwa Issued Against Suicide Bombings and Terrorism
What makes it fun is that each post is mostly made up of quoted text from U.S. government authored texts–how subversive is that!
“Men in authority will always think that criticism of their policies is dangerous. They will always equate their policies with patriotism, and find criticism subversive.”–Henry Steele Commager